Things To Do This Holiday Season
With the summer weather come and gone, its an easy assumption that all interest has left beach towns like Murrells Inlet. But never fear, just ask any local and you’ll quickly learn that the exact opposite is true. The following is a list of some of the best things to do in Murrells Inlet, SC:
- Annual Christmas ParadeDec 6, 2015This annual Murrells Inlet event is the perfect way for your family to get into the holiday spirit. The parade will head down along Business 17 all the way to Pendergrass Avenue.
Get there early to claim the best spot along the parade route!
- MarshWalk Santa CrawlDec 12, 2015The activities for the first annual MarshWalk Santa Crawl will start at 5pm. Wear your favorite Christmas-themed clothing and celebrate the season, while enjoying all the best Murrells Inlet bars one at a time.
The seven bars participating in the event all plan to serve Christmas drink and dining specials, along with providing the perfect live music to get you in the holiday spirit.
Plan to get there early, because the first 25 guests to arrive at each location will recieve a free beaded shot glass necklace and a Santa hat. Also, at the end of the night, the group will be giving away a $1000 cash prize to the person whos outfit they feel best represents the Christmas spirit.
- New Year’s Eve FireworksDec 31, 2015If you had fun at the Santa Crawl, or wanted to go but had other obligations, here’s another event perfect for you.
It will feature the same seven bars and restaurants from the Crawl, who all plan on providing drink and dining specials appropriate for the season.
- Brookgreen Gardens Holiday ExhibitNov 27, 2015 – Jan 3, 2016Come experience an event truly unique to Murrells Inlet, SC. The exhibit, titled “Holiday Memories: Trains, Trees, and Treasures” will feature amazing displays of electric model trains, period Christmas trees, and paintings by Angela Trotta Thomas, whose work has been compared to the likes of Norman Rockwell.
The exhibit will be open daily.
- Night of a Thousand CandlesDec 3, 2015 – Dec 19, 2015Here’s another exciting holiday event taking place at Brookgreen Gardens this holiday season. You’ll be awestruck when you witness the already beautiful Gardens lit by the soft glow of over 5,500 hand-lit candles and a plethora of brilliant lights between the hours of 3 – 10pm.
The garden will also provide delicious cider to warm you up while you walk the paths and hear all the age-old
sounds of Christmas. From the sound of hand bells ringing to carolers singing, it’s practically impossible to leave this event without a renewed sense of the Christmas spirit.
With so many exciting things to do this winter in Murrells Inlet, there’s really no excuse for boredom. The real question is – how will you fit it all in?